If you’ve always longed for straighter teeth but aren’t keen on sporting a highly visible, fixed brace for months on end, then the revolutionary Incognito™ brace could be the answer.
This effective, yet discreet, system is particularly popular with adults as it offers a fast acting, more subtle and cost effective alternative to traditional braces.
In contrast to unsightly metal braces, which are fixed to the front surface of the teeth, the Incognito™ brace is an invisible ‘lingual’ brace, featuring gold cast brackets that are positioned on the inside surfaces of your teeth. This hidden brace works in a similar way to conventional fixed braces, offering precise movement but less obviously and more comfortably.
At Dorchester Orthodontic Clinic we use the latest computer technology so the braces are customised for each individual patient, ensuring highly accurate results.
If you only want to smarten up the look of your front teeth or perhaps tidy up orthodontic treatment you received as a child – the Incognito™ Lite is a speedy and cost effective option. This is ideal for less complex cases and can be used on up to eight of your front teeth – significantly transforming your smile in a matter of months.
- The braces are almost invisible as they are hidden on the back of teeth. This also helps to avoid decalcification marking on the front surfaces of the teeth and minimises the effects on your speech and your ability to eat.
- They are suitable for all ages and can be used to treat a wide range of orthodontic issues including tooth rotations.
- They are custom-made for each patient to ensure comfort and precise results.
- They are suitable for those with nickel allergies as the brackets are made from gold alloy.
The fitting process
- First, we will check your teeth to make sure Incognito™ is the best treatment option by taking photographs, x-rays and impressions.
- If you are a suitable candidate, we will take silicone imprints of your teeth and use these to produce plaster casts which will then be used to create a 30 model. Your brace will be custom manufactured in a specialist laboratory and returned to us when ready for fitting.
- Your lingual braces will be fitted in just one visit. We will thoroughly clean your teeth and attach the brackets with a dental adhesive. The wire, which is used to pull the teeth into position, will then be shaped and fitted between the brackets.