Dr. Rowland has Gold Invisalign provider status
Invisalign® is a revolutionary, orthodontic treatment for patients who are looking to straighten their teeth discreetly and comfortably. This innovative system uses a series of custom-made, clear aligners which fit snugly over your teeth and are virtually invisible.
You can even see how your teeth will look during and after treatment thanks to the 30 technology (Clincheck®) which also plans your treatment in advance and produces a series of aligners designed specifically for you. Each different aligner is worn for two weeks so your teeth are gradually, yet effectively, moved to their desired position.
Invisalign® aligners work on the top and bottom teeth and can be used for simple corrections such as straightening just a few front teeth. They can also be extremely effective in dealing with more complex issues such as overbites/ under bites, large gaps, tooth crowding and misalignments – although fixed braces may be needed for particularly severe orthodontic problems.
- Virtually invisible – this makes Invisalign® an ideal option for older children, teenagers or adults who are keen to avoid more obvious metal braces.
- Convenient – as the treatment requires less frequent appointments, there will be less impact on your life. The aligners are produced in advance and there is no need for tightening appointments.
- Comfortable – there are no wires or brackets to irritate the inside of your mouth, which can also help those who have a nickel allergy. As the aligners are custom-made they will fit your teeth comfortably.
- No effect on your oral health – you can eat, drink and clean your teeth as normal because the aligners are removable. You can also put them to one side for special occasions, but we do recommend you wear them for a minimum of 20 hours each day.
The fitting process
- First, we will take impressions and x-rays to check that the Invisalign® system is right for you. Once we know you are a suitable candidate, these impressions will be used to develop a detailed treatment plan.
- When you receive your custom-made aligners, you will need to wear them for at least 20 hours each day. Each aligner will be worn for two weeks and you will need to have regular check-ups with your orthodontist to ensure that treatment is going to plan and your aligners are still comfortable.